Texas Prenuptial Agreements
Retain Representation From Our Tyler and Mineola Family Law Attorney
In Texas, it is becoming more and more common for couples with considerable assets and properties to protect themselves with a prenuptial agreement. Created by the two parties prior to marriage, it is a written contract which lists all of the property, assets and debts each person owns and details each person’s property rights will be if the marriage comes to an end.
At Campbell Law Firm, we possess the extensive knowledge of the state’s divorce proceedings and understand the advantages of having a prenuptial agreement in place. With over 28 years of experience, we are prepared to help you.
Benefits of a Prenuptial Agreement
While it may be challenging to get this accomplished, particularly if you want to avoid hurting the feelings of your partner, our experienced and trusted lawyer is dedicated to protecting your property and assets. It’s becoming more common for Texas couples who own significant assets and properties choose to protect themselves with a prenuptial agreement.
The benefits to a prenuptial agreement include the following:
- Provides security, especially if you had previously experienced a divorce
- For business owners, protects the revenue generated from your establishment
- Allows a person with children from a previous relationships to protect existing assets
- Protects family property, whether inherited or given, and prevents it from becoming marital assets
- If you earn more than your spouse, then it protects your income from becoming community property
We’ve seen through the years how much one party in a divorce regrets creating a prenuptial agreement. Do not hesitate to contact our firm in order to protect your future and your family.
We welcome you to call us today at (903) 345-0031 for any questions about prenuptial agreements.