Modification Attorneys in Tyler

Representing Families Throughout Texas

Have you been divorced from your ex for a couple of years now? Do the terms of your divorce agreement no longer fit your current situation? If so, you need to consult with our experienced legal team at Campbell Law Firm to determine if you can renegotiate your divorce agreement. Our attorneys are here to guide you through the process of modifying your divorce agreement, and we will use our extensive resources and knowledge of the law to help you avoid unforeseen complications.

Give us a call today if you need assistance with any of the following matters:

  • Child Custody & Visitation Modifications
  • Child Support Modifications
  • Alimony Modifications

In order to petition for modification, there must be a “substantial change of circumstances” in your life. This can be a variety of situations, such as:

  • One parent has relocated
  • Your child is entering a new school or changing schools
  • You have a new schedule at work
  • A major change in your earning capacity
  • Newly emerging medical needs for your child
  • Long-term illnesses and injuries

The factors of modification cases vary, which is why you need to have strong legal representation on your side each step of the way. Stop by our law firm today to discuss your situation with a member of our seasoned legal team.

What Is the Best Interest Standard?

If you have children with your former spouse and want to modify your agreement, then the court will have to determine if the modification is in their best interest. Courts consider the following factors to determine what is in the best interest of minor children:

  • The age of the child
  • How much contact the child has with both parents
  • Whether a parent has a history of domestic violence or substance abuse
  • Both parents’ ability to care for the child
  • The emotional relationship the child has with both parents

Talk to Our Legal Team in Tyler Today

We understand that your life may have significantly changed since your divorce. That is why we will gladly help you alter your existing agreement with your ex. Our team will handle every aspect of your modification request and provide you with the top-notch representation you deserve. Don’t hesitate to reach out to our legal team to get the assistance you need.

To request an appointment with a lawyer at Campbell Law Firm, call (903) 345-0031 today.

Contact Campbell Law Firm, P.C. Today

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
Send Us A Message