Probate Attorney Serving Mineola & Tyler
Reasons To Choose Us:
- We are backed by 30+ years of experience
- We offer affordable payment plans
- We’re AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Our offices are conveniently located
- Our lead attorney is a member of the Nation Association of Chapter 13 Trustees and a member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
After the death of a loved one, the world might seem to slow down. Things that were once so natural may suddenly seem overly complex and troubling. To make matters more unpleasant, there are countless legal issues that need to be dealt with after someone's passing. Campbell Law Firm wants you to know that help from our Tyler and Mineola probate lawyer is available to provide counsel as you enter this time.
Probate is a legal process that occurs after the death of a person. It involves the settling of debts and division of property through the court, among other tasks. Though this can be a confusing procedure, having reliable legal counsel by your side can ensure you understand your rights.
What is involved in probate?
In short, the process consists of:
- Filing an application for probate
- Naming an executor
- Validating the will in court
- Taking and filing an inventory of personal property and/or real estate
- Appraisals of property
- Settling debts and taxes
- Issuance of Letters Testamentary or a Muniment of Title
- Distribution of property to beneficiaries
After the application is filed in Probate Court, one of the first steps to be completed is the appointment of an executor. Usually, the deceased person will have specified who they desire to be appointed as an executor in their Will, but in the event they did not or they do not have a Will, the Judge will appoint an executor and issue letters testamentary or letters of administration.
Shortly after this, the Executor or Administrator will file an inventory of the deceased's property. After this, any valid debts will be settled and the property will be given to those who are entitled to it, typically ending the process.
Let Our Firm Help! Call (903) 345-0031 Today
We understand that facing probate can be a very daunting task, and that's why we are here to help. If you need a talented and knowledgeable lawyer to guide you step-by-step through this often confusing time, Campbell Law Firm is here for you. We expect that you have enough on your mind right now and don't need to deal with the complex legal matters that surround probate. We are eager to lend our assistance to you so you can get through this as painlessly as possible. When you are ready to get started, we will be ready.